Bounty chocolate bars were definitely one of my favourite afternoon treats from the vending machine while I was working in my corporate life.
Too bad that consistent afternoon dip was actually a sign from my body that I wasn’t fuelling it properly!
But now that I have these bounty energy bites in my life, I have an easy snack replacement that will give me more energy without the crash that my previous Diet Coke and chocolate bar used to!
The great thing about making these yourself is that you get to control how much sugar goes in for sweetening the bites. I prefer dark chocolate, so I try to keep the extra sugar on the lower side. But if you need little bit more, then make the adjustment!
Just keep in mind that your sweet tooth might be getting boosted by a less than balanced diet. The less your body is used to having overly sweet foods, the sweeter your palate will find foods naturally.
Curious about more ways to fuel your body with proper nutrition for more abundant and consistent energy?
Join me on Wednesday, November 6th for a free webinar all about fuelling for energy! Click the button below for more info and to register.
- Food Processor or Blender
- 80 g Cashews
- 1 cup Shredded coconut
- 110 g Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp Cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Shredded coconut for garnish
- In a food processor or blender start by blending the cashews until a flour is formed.
- Add remaining ingredients (except 1/4 cup of shredded coconut for garnish) and blend well until a smooth dough is formed.
- Cover dough and set in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and roll into 12 equal-sized balls.
- Spread the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded coconut in a shallow bowl or plate. Roll the balls in the shredded coconut to coat.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or up to a month in the freezer. Enjoy!