Burrito Salad Bowl – ready in under 20 minutes
This burrito salad bowl is a personal favourite that I will often make for lunch when I am working from home.
It can be ready in under 20 minutes, and taking some time to step away from the computer and disengage can be really helpful for keeping the focus going through the rest of the afternoon.
If spending time in the kitchen at lunch isn’t an option for you, make a big batch at dinner. If you store the meat (or bean) mixture separately from the raw veggies and dressing, everything will stay nice and fresh.
Then just combine all the components at lunchtime and you’ll be done within minutes!
If you’re sensitive to certain ingredients, like onions and garlic, you can swap out the onion for the green top of a leek, and use garlic infused oil to still get that flavour.
Feel free to add components, like whatever you have in the fridge at the time. Maybe some avocado, some fresh herbs… this recipe is not one that has to be strictly followed.
Burrito Salad Bowl
- 250 g minced meat
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tomato, medium diced
- 1/2 bell pepper (any colour) diced
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 100 g mixed salad greens
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 20 g shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Cook the onion and garlic until soft. Stir in the minced meat, spices, and cook until meat is browned and cooked through.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Thin with water to your desired consistency.
- Prepare the salad with the greens, cucumber, tomato, and bell pepper.
- Serve the meat and onions on top and garnish with cheese & the dressing.
READY TO FINALLY ACHIEVE BLOATING RELIEF?
Find out what you can do when bloating rears its ugly head. Grab the free guide for 12 tips to help you find bloating relief so you can get back to living your life.