This salad is pretty straightforward and simple. I wanted to show you just how easy it can be to throw together a delicious, flavourful salad with easy ingredients that you probably have in your fridge, or maybe even in your garden!
Right now this produce is all in season, and as you may have heard from me before, eating in season means having produce that is more nutrious and full of flavour than its off-season counterparts.
So whether you get your ingredients out of your garden, from the farmers’ market, or the grocery store, I hope you enjoy the fresh taste of summer!
Summer Garden Salad
- 100 g Mixed Greens
- 1 large Tomato chopped
- 1/2 Cucumber chopped
- 12 Raw Green Peas
- 1 Peach halved, pit removed
- 1 tsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 50 g Goat Cheese
- 2 portions Protein of Choice salmon, grilled chicken, egg, etc.
- 3 tbsp Olive OIl extra virgin
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook your choice of protein. This could be done in advance or while assembling the rest of the salad. (For salmon, season with a dash of sea salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes in a lined baking dish in an oven pre-heated to 180C/360F.)
- Warm a grill-pan over medium-high heat and brush with olive oil. Grill peach, cut-side down, for 3-5 minutes.
- In a bowl or airtight jar, combine all dressing ingredients and mix (or shake) well until fully combined.
- Assemble all salad ingredients over a bed of mixed greens. Top each with 1-2 tbsp of salad dressing. Enjoy!